Re: Note to LEAF users on ssh logins

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:11:23 -0500

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:55:21AM -0800, Janet Sullivan wrote:

>>forgot to mention,
>>
>>the bogons list from completewhois should be useful too
>>http://completewhois.net/bogons/index.htm
>>
>>I've never applied it though...
>
>Anyone who uses a bogon list needs to remember to keep it up to date!
>IANA allocates new IP blocks regularly.  Honestly, I think they are a
>bad idea.  On my own machines I've found that most "bad" traffic doesn't
>come from bogons at all.

Agreed! I find the NICs contry code deligations change much more often
than I'd expected too. Would have to check but I recall more than once
per day is not unusual. On the other hand this type of error is probably
a narrow band, nor is an issue likely if you are only a week current.

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx