Re: Centrino support?

From: Tsume <tsume@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:31:46 -0500

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:20:49 +0800, Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tsume wrote:

Hello community,
How is everyone feeling today?
Am interesting question, Does DragonflyBSD support centrino?
I'm talking about eXecution Bit protection, stepping technology, and other functions which the pentium M allows to save energy while providing decent speed to the end user. I've just ordered a Pentium M 1.7GHz and hopefully nothing goes wrong with my order. I'm hoping to install DragonFlyBSD on the laptop. Every piece of hardware should be compatible with a bit of OS modification(Intel Wireless 2200 built-in card).
There is a project which supports my card. Maybe it would be easy to include in DragonFlyBSD.
http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/
My lovely laptop weighs 6 pounds and uses a 6-cell battery.
The wonders of Centrino technology. The wonders of having a real notebook which has at least 4.5+ battery life.
TSUME

PowerBook 17" user just smiles <g>

Bill

Buying a powerbook would be too easy. I wish to run any BSD and have support ;)
I've been Windows-free and Linux-free for 3 years and counting and loving the time spent in BSD.I never frown at quirks or missing components. DragonFlyBSD would be even better if Joerg finished multibyte support.

Heres a list for Centrino support:
  * NX support - AMD64, Transmeta Efficeon, and Pentium M
  * SpeedStepping(tm)
  * Power management across centrino based hardware
  * Import ipw drivers and controller programs
  * Any other task which might appear

If the processor contains nx support, it will show in the capabilities line for the processor information.

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 pni syscall nx mmxext lm 3dnowext 3dnow

TSUME