Re: How to reinstall the loader?

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:05:06 +0800

Frank Denis (Jedi/Sector One) wrote:

In order to perform some benchmarks, I tried to install FreeBSD 5.3 on a
spare partition of the same disk as my DragonFlyBSD partition.

been installed both on the FreeBSD and on the DragonFlyBSD partition. The
data is still on the DragonFlyBSD partition, but I don't know how to boot it

  Is there any way to reinstall the DragonFlyBSD loader? By chance, it is
possible to do it while running FreeBSD ?

Best regards,

See also "The DragonFly Booting Process" and "The MBR and Boot Stages One, Two, and Three":