Re: How to teach OS

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:21:04 -0600

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:04:52 -0600, Zera William Holladay wrote:

> Hi, I have a pedagogical question.
> If you (a developer) were teaching a first level college course in
> operating systems with the goal of (eventually) transforming each student
> into a *BSD developer, then how would you teach the course?
> Specifically, what programming assignments would you have?  What material
> would you cover?
> When you took your first course in OSes, what was wrong with it?  What
> would you have taught yourself then?

Maybe several useful links will help you with it. Not exactly for BSD, but
in general OS developments.

	(nice OS FAQs)
	(nice forums for OS stuff)
	(nice Kernel101 documentation, lead to http://k101.f2g.net/)
	(nice OS development place with forums, documentation and etc)
	(A short introduction to operating systems)

mega-tokyo.com and osdever.net have several nice threads that will
leading you to the different places.