Re: How to teach OS

From: Tsume <tsume@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:14:52 -0500

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:23:04 -0500, <EM1897@xxxxxxx> wrote:

In a message dated 3/4/2005 11:04:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, Zera William Holladay <zholla1@xxxxxxx> writes:

Hi, I have a pedagogical question.

If you (a developer) were teaching a first level college course in
operating systems with the goal of (eventually) transforming each student
into a *BSD developer, then how would you teach the course?
Specifically, what programming assignments would you have?  What material
would you cover?

I thought the point of college was to prepare students for PAYING jobs?

Hello everyone, and excuse the noise.

Excuse me AOL user,

People do use BSD for production purposes. I've even written portable software and told the customer to use BSD and they did. It doesn't have to be rewriting the OS for a job. It could be for other programming purposes than accessing low level functions. I advise you to stop assuming every possible path. No offense, but you are seeming quite offensive. I've not even read through all the past emails you have sent. Please rethink the way you send email, and don't judge the success of OS design tatics by how you have turned out. Many people have success in some fields more than others. Have a nice day.

TSUME