Re: Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

From: Hummel Tom <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:05:30 +0100

I just browsed into the topic, but K8WE is fully based on NVIDIA kludge
chipsets, the chipsets company is not open source friendly, I don't
think you will get good support from open source world, based on the
point, Intel is still the best X86 Server platform except its CPU
problem.

I agree on the Nvidia thing, i experienced many subtile problems during the time since the release of nforce1.
But why you say that makes the AMD Platform bad?
VIA had it's buggy days, and the Chipsets are fairly ok, and the AMD Chipsets doing a good job ever since.

ATI is also coming with their Chipsets which have to show their quality, and there's also ULI left.

. ..alot of Chipsets you can choose from, i think there's something for everybody in it.

tom