Re: Fwd: Re: Differences between constructive anddestructivecriticism

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:20:52 -0800 (PST)

    I am working on a filter to cut off these ridiculous flame wars by
    subject.    It will be done this evening sometime and when it is done
    I will immediately start bouncing these threads.

    When people start getting bounces for postings with a particular subject
    line, if you want to avoid being banned from the list, you will NOT start
    a new subject line to continue the flame war.  Doing so WILL get you
    banned.

    I am going to be crystal clear here... this filter will kill a thread
    based on subject, not based on the poster, by bouncing further postings.
    Making further postings will not get you banned.  What will get a person's
    email address banned will be if they PURPOSEFULLY continue the thread
    by CHANGING THE SUBJECT.

    I know very well who the cause of this current mess is, and if I thought
    banning an anonymous email address would do the trick I would have done
    it already.  As it stands, the above methodology is the only thing I can
    think of that is fair to all parties considering all the back and forth
    that has gone on (some of which was my fault).  The phrase "last chance"
    takes on new meaning here, I guess :-(.