Re: Loader not found

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:40:53 +0800

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I have seen it with other *BSD's and other OS' - OS/2 notoriously so.
:Controller/BIOS or cylinder issue, sometimes just driver sequencing.
:Often not the same for initial installation as it is later..
:Will explore those with Sam offline and get back...

    Except we fixed the cylinder issue by making the boot code use linear
    addressing BIOS calls when available (which should be always on any
    BIOS in the last 5 years).

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Not to worry. Pretty sure it is a headspace or hardware issue of the sort you can't code around (unless you are into robotics).

Sam's mailbox is overquota at the moment, but I won't need robotics,
he may be as close as 15-40 minutes from my flat.

Note the surname and ISP.