Re: DragonFlyBSD not in compliance with RFC 1122

To: Gary Allan <dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:03:33 -0800

Gary Allan wrote:

I ran into a problem today. I administer a machine that needs to sit on two separate networks and The network card is configured as:

        inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
        inet netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast
        ether 00:10:5a:f7:6e:71
        status: active

The machine has a default route of
(Public IP addresses replaced with private.)

All is well except that is inaccessible from the Internet. A quick RTFM reveals that I need to add a second default gateway

I've resolved this by using IPFW to forward the necessary traffic from to the router but feel this is a bit of a bodge. I've noticed recent routing code commits so I'm hoping this is a good time

Can't you just add route add 192.168.2/24