Swap-space

From: "Erik Wikström" <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:31:10 +0200

Hi
I'm reading through the Handbook since I'm planning to install DragonFly on
my laptop soon. An in section 6.2 it says that the swap-partition should be
twice the size of the RAM and goes on with examples. However I have to
question the correctness of this, does it still hold true that the swap
should be twice the RAM even with the size of RAM that most computers have
today?

My laptop has 768 MB RAM and I think that 1,5 GB swap is a bit much,
especiall considering that I've only got 40GB on the disk, what would be a
more appropriate size?

--
Erik Wikström