Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:43:22 -0700 (PDT)

> I think there is only one decent conclusion to draw from this:

> We NEED rollbacks!

> We need a easy and reliable way to roll back either the installed
> packages or the whole system, a filesystem or a directory to a
> previous,
> know working state.

Use -b with portupgrade.  This creates a package of the old version of
the software before it is uninstalled, and stores it in a safe place.
Then, if the update doesn't work, you can just pkg_add the old version
and be back where you started.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]