Re: Help with size_t

From: Peter Hessler <phessler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:51:56 -0700

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:20:00 -0700
walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:So, my real question is:  why go thru the dance of using 'size_t' when
:I know for sure that an 'int' is going to work perfectly?  What is the
:motivation for this confusing chain of typedefs?

'size_t' will be the same on all platforms, where 'int' may not be.  Its
tricks like that, that allow programs to work on i386, vax, sparc64, etc, by
just recompiling.

--
You know you've been spending too much time on the computer when your
friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.