Nomenclature Issue

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:30:02 +0800

Folks,

The dragonflybsd.org 'downloads' web page seems to have been updated w/r to new nomenclature for HEAD, AKA DEVELOPMENT, PREVIEW, and RELEASE, but the (few) actual http and ftp repositories I have checked still have the old 'STABLE' etc. terminology, at least for iso's and snapshots. (Some mirrors are *way* out of date also..)

Given that changing these and getting them re-synced is a non-trivial exercise, one that may take several days to propagate, should a note be inserted as to the 'transitional' situation, perhaps with a coule of 'live' examples of old =>new mapping?

Spell check also, second secion of the table:

AR 	 'actual brancah tag'
SBATR 'actual branch tag'

Understood that cvs may already be migrated (has it?)

- I am looking only at the naming on the published http & ftp sites.

Thanks,

Bill Hacker