Re: Sendmail on installer CD

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:35:24 +0200

Jonas Sundström wrote:
Is there a reason for Sendmail being enabled on the installer CD?

Yes: the base system needs an MTA. And since ours is maintained by gshapiro (afaicr he has commit access right?) it's not stale and/or insecure, although personal preference may vary.

If you don't like sendmail, use something else. The ports and pkgsrc systems are chock full of stuff you can use instead of sendmail :)

Cheers,
Emiel

(PS: I happen to like sendmail, but hey, I'm a pedantic old git (well, kinda) when it comes to my favourite MTA).