Re: amd64 Re: New Release

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:03:08 -0400

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 12:43:10AM +0800, Bill Hacker wrote:
>George Georgalis wrote:
>

>>You need a new MS OS to use the processor features,
>
>NFW!   You need an op-code list and an editor.

Nah, that would be *you* ;) btw is mined a hex
editor too? can it open a (big) partition?

recently, I moved a script to a nonexistent
directory in a cvs checkout, so I could add it. then
removed the file so I could do a mkdir there, and
the file was gone.

between finding the bytes on the partition, fishing
them out and constructing a new file... I just
rewrote it but it would be nice to be up to speed on
these techniques.  Anybody done this recently?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx