Multi-core processors

From: Danial Thom <danial_thom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

I find it rather interesting that all of the
intel-bashing "testers" are now reporting that
there is "no performance gain" from dual-core
processors which has always pretty much been the
case with DP systems. It seems that its going to
take quad-core processors to see real gains over
"designed for UP" operating systems, how long do
you think its going to be before such animals are
available?

Also, does anyone know if dual-core processors
share a cache, which I suppose would provide for
more efficient cache use, or are they just 2
separate entities wired together?

Danial