Re: Bridging Broken in 1.2?

From: Gary Allan <dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:05:27 +0100

I've reported this problem before. The loadable bridge module in DragonFly is broken in that ARP is not handled correctly. The DragonFly box is unreachable from the bridged interfaces that have no IP address defined.

The solution is to build a custom kernel with "options BRIDGE" defined.

Joerg in his follow up said he doesn't want to support bridging as a module just yet.

Danial Thom wrote:
So no one in the DragonflyBSD universe uses
bridging? I'm just trying to find out if it is
indeed broken before I spend a lot of time trying
to figure out if I've done something wrong.