compiling modules

From: "kevin" <kliner-_no-spam_-@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:09:02 -0500

I'm fairly new to *BSD, and have one of those newbie questions because I
can't seem to find the answer elsewhere. I am trying to compile if_de as a
module instead of into the kernel. I did the upgrade routine, and if_nv gets
installed as a module, but if_de does not. The only difference that I've
noticed between the two is that /usr/src/sys/dev/netif/nv has a makefile and
/usr/src/sys/dev/netif/de doesn't. Is the makefile the reason for this? I
checked a few files under the /usr/src/sys/* directories, made some changes
to them and recompiled a few times to no avail.

I am using 1.2-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Kevin