Re: Weird problem with sk on ASUS A8V

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:53:09 -0700 (PDT)

:On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:03:50 -0400 (EDT)
:justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
:
:>
:> > 	It sounds like a good theory - any idea for testing it ?
:> >
:> > 	I've grabbed a copy of the Linux 2.4 sources to compare tonight.
:>
:> Deductively, if it previously worked on the same release, but arbitrarily
:> stopped, it's not a problem with changes between release versions.
:> Therefore, it is caused by a local change.
:
:	Yep that was my logic - especially when I confirmed it failing
:on the original live cd that I installed from.
:
:> How many times have you tried?  It could be a "loose wire" problem, where
:
:	Many - I've been fiddling with it all weekend. I had intended
:to take a crack at updating the drm code but this got in the way :(
:
:> the connection happened to work when booting the Knoppix CD, just from
:> physical arrangement, and not the other times.  It would be worth cracking
:> the case open and checking.
:
:	The adaptor is on the motherboard - but I've had the case open
:and the cable in and out several times trying to track this little gem
:down.

    This has the 'feel' of being a BIOS issue.  e.g. the PNP setting or the
    PXE Boot setting (adapter rom enable), or something of that ilk.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>