Re: ata strangeness while doing newfs

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:31:07 +0200

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
<cut errors>
Normally when I get these kind of errors I blame faulty hardware and just buy a new HD or controller (mobo).
However this time it occurs inside a Virtual Machine instance on MS Virtual Server 2005.
<cut>
The DF version is 1.2.2-RELEASE

I tried FBSD5 too but it also has problems with the controller and exist right after the first superblock.
<cut>
FYI, NetBSD 2.0.2 seems to work just fine, if anybody is interested in solving this problem, I can provide root access to a test system (virtual server instance).

--
mph