Re: Problems with Soyo P4VTE Board

From: Carl Schmidt <carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:09:20 -0400

* Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-07-02 17:12:28 +0200]:

> Carl Schmidt wrote:
> | The Serial
> | ATA controller is recognized, but the live CD proceeds to set
> | it to DMA33 because of a non-ATA66 cable it claims.
>
> Can you set the SATA controller to compatibility mode in the BIOS? That
> way, it'll fake being a PATA adapter. DragonFly doesn't work (yet?) with
> native SATA.

Crap.  I don't know for sure if I can.  I will be home soon and will
check that out.  I was afraid DF didn't support it natively as of yet.
I guess that would somehow explain the problems with the dvd device.

Thanks for the tip, and apologies if I have not been thorough enough
on investigating the problem before asking.  I imagine now that this
question regarding SATA has been posed numerous times.
--
Carl