Re: BSD Installer Technology Preview (2005.0721) Available - please help test

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:27:08 +0200 CEST

Chris Pressey <cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Netboot with TFTP fails:
> > Tftpd.conf appears to be missing
> > Tftpd is not running, having started the Netboot services.
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  Is that your explanation of the problem,
> or
> is it an error message copy-pasted out of something?  If its a paste,
> where was it copied from?

My work entirely. Too bad I was wrong. :)

> tftpd is started by inetd, so it is normal that it not be running.

Yeah, I saw that later in inetd.conf.

> Also, tftpd does not have its own configuration file.

Oh. I expected it to have one. (As does Yale tftpd.)

So, for some reason unkown to me, netbooting my Soekris
4801 stops earlier than it used to with the last version I tried.
It used to successfully interface with DragonFly's DHCP,
TFTP and NFS services, but now the TFTP step times out.

/Jonas Sundström.              www.kirilla.com