Re: cvsupfile targets

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:05:48 +0200

On 2005-08-01 20:53, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
On Mon, August 1, 2005 2:45 pm, George Georgalis said:
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:08:27AM -0400, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

HEAD is for people who like troubleshooting strange errors. RELEASE_x.x is for people who don't like anything to go bad, ever.

I run RELEASE_x.x on my home server, for instance, because I can't have
that go down.

I thought RELEASE_x.x_Slip is considered the most stable tag, because it only picks up release commits (ie security or bugfix); but it won't contain half a commit as the cvs tree might, if you checkout while files with those tags are being committed.

What's the difference between RELEASE_x.x and RELEASE_x.x_Slip? I'm all unsure now.

RELEASE_x.x will give you that release while RELEASE_x.x_Slip will give you RELEASE_x.x.y for the highest available y, which will be the release plus bugfixes. So RELEASE_1.2 will give you DragonFly 1.2 while RELEASE_1.2_Slip will give you DragonFly 1.2.5.

--
Erik Wikström