Re: Opera 8.02 build 1272 works

From: Adrian Nida <nida@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:51:11 +0000

Bob Bagwill wrote:
FYI, I downloaded the FreeBSD version of Opera from Opera, replaced all
occurrences of OpenBSD with DragonFly in install.sh, ran it, and it works.
There was one complaint about plugins.

Cool! The complaint you get about the plugins is due to the fact the Opera FreeBSD build machine uses a different set of libraries than us (and the latest release of FreeBSD). I have a library you can try if you wish.

IMO, the biggest problem I had with the *BSD Opera is getting it to use any other plugins (flash, lava, realplayer, etc.). I ended up using linux-opera. While it "works" I must admit to feeling some shame having to employ this workaround just to be able to handle all the "needed components" of the web.

Adrian