Re: booting problems with the cdrom

From: scalopus <scalopus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:04:29 +0200

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 10:14:09PM +0200, Toma? Bor?tnar wrote:
> scalopus wrote:
> >  the cdrom is in the IDE bus, and the disks are on a IBM ServeRaid-3L
> >Array-0.
> Installer CD will not automatically load ServeRAID driver so you need to
> login as root and issue:
> kldload ips.ko
> cd /dev
> ./MAKEDEV ipsd0
> exit
> and start installer by logging as installer.
> Toma?

  the problem is that kernel crashes and i never get the login prompt, so
i can't do anything apart of set parameters in the boot menu.

  I have probed Hiten tips, but nothing improved. I don't know why
dfbsd cd crashes :|

  The BIOS settings are very poor, i cant touch almost anything, apart
of starting options and some plug & play settings. I am new to IBM, so
i dont know any cheats.

Thanks a lot for your attention.