Re: attempted upgrade killed vinum

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:37:52 -0700 (PDT)

:1. get help debugging the old kernel
:2. rebuild 1.2.0-RELEASE so I get a non-stripped kernel
:3. try to upgrade to Preview and hope it works
:
:If I do 2 or 3, can I just rename the ".old" kernel and modules to
:".working" so the HEAD kernel doesn't get copied over it, or would that
:break something?
:
:--
:Jake Maciejewski <maciejej@xxxxxxxx>

    You have to build and install the RELEASE world then build and
    install the release kernel.  As long as you didn't recompile any
    third party programs or ports while running HEAD, that should work.

    If this is a production machine you should generally be running
    the RELEASE.

    Be sure to use the latest on the release branch.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>