Re: Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

:The same problems that have exist for ever.
:
:Do you think something changed in pkgsrc ?
:
:- no portupgrade
:- deinstalls before compiling
:- less ports
:- important ports not compiling
:  (i hear, no KDE since April, fortunaty.net packages have KDE)
:- stuff like pkg_views is experimental for years
:- incompatible make
:- ...
:
:I'm sure you find more in the archives.
:Andy

    Then we fix it and make it work an integrated, friendly fashion.

    Unless you suggest we go it alone... but I don't think that will work
    any better.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>