Re: Compatability with FreeBSD Ports

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:09:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Raphael Marmier wrote:

Could you give me an url where you put these exemples and scripts?

I have not had time for a while. But here are some links:

Also, is it possible to have pkgsrc keep several installed package databases?

Definitely. The pkg_install (like pkg_add, pkg_delete) tools honor the PKG_DBDIR environment variable or the "-K" option to choose the package database directory. I would suggest using different LOCALBASES for these packages though.

(Also pkgviews worked for me in the past.)

By the way, I do have access to a fast DragonFly build machine. And have been committing some "pkgsrc" fixes ...

(Please carbon-copy me on replies.)

Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links