Re: editor poll

To: tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:09:26 +0200

At Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:36:59 +0200,
Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> Richard Nyberg wrote:
> > Which is your main text editor?
>
> Pardon me, but who seriously cares? Decades have gone by with emacsos
> users attacking vi users and the other way around, and I thought it had
> finally ended a couple of years ago. It's just not important, there's a
> shitload of editors around, and there are bound to be people who blindly
> and zealously advocate them. There's no point in arguing over anything
> subjective and personal like this.

Eeek!

Really, this was just to satisfy my curiosity. I thought of this as a
good way too see which editors are popular and maybe try one of them since
I can't get emacs to work properly at the moment. My intention was never
to argue about which editor is best, but to know which are commonly used.
I'm very sorry to have offended you.

Regards,
--
Richard Nyberg <rnyberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>