Re: DragonFly on a Pocket (210M) CD-R?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:25:32 +0200

Oliver Fromme wrote:
Indeed there are a few things which come to mind which are
probably not needed on a rescue CD:
[...]
- /usr/include
[...]
- most of the locales (/usr/share/locale)
[...]
 - If you don't plan to compile things from the rescue CD,
   you can also get rid of the compiler toolchain, debugger
   and related things.

I'd keep a compiler as long as possible. Hacking/downloading a helpful program and compiling it is really important, at least for me.

considering the locales, I'm not sure if you need them for editing or such...

the first things I'd remove would be (they have nice NO_* flags to use):
- i4b
- bind
- sendmail

etc.

cheers
  simon

Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /