jail and /dev

From: Tomas <antencek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:17:54 +0200

Hello.

Is there anybody who managed to use a printer device inside of a jail?

A am building a jail with samba and I would like to share samba printer (printing via cups).

Master sees the printer device:
ulpt0: Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 845C, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

. ..and /dev/ulpt0 exists, but not in jail and also cupsd in jail doesn't give me the list of devices to choose from.

I could do the same thing in FBSD 5.4 and it worked. I was also looking how to mount devfs from master to jail, but had no success.

Can anybody point me at the right howto or similar...?

Thank you.

Regards, Tomas