Re: why do you use DragonFly? (writing an article)

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:25:41 +0100

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
I am working on an article about DragonFly. If you'd like to help by providing a quote or more, please let me know off-list.

Why do you use DragonFly?

I believe that the design philosophy for this OS represent are more realistic and cleaner solution to todays problems.
Although they aren't there yet, it is something I follow closely to prevent that I'm suddenly confronted with a technology gap.

What did you use before DragonFly?

I do not use DF solely, other OS's are Net/Free/Open-BSD, Solaris, MacOSX, XP & Server 2003.

What primary software do you use on DragonFly?

Apache ,Python, PostgreSQL, Sendmail

What features or support are you looking forward to?

Clustering, Distribution & Virtualization of Processing power ,Bandwidth & Disk storage

Thank you! :-)

Jeremy C. Reed