Re: DP performance

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:08:19 +0100

On 2005-12-02 19:16, Danial Thom wrote:
All of the empirical evidence points to Matt
being wrong. If you still can't accept that then
DFLY is more of a religion than a project, which
is damn shame.

DT

Since I don't know anything about networking at GigE-speed I find this whole diskussion very interesting and I hope to learn something new. However, as always when two people both believe they are right, it's hard for me to really choos whom to trust.

However Matt has provided some arguments that I find very convincing (calculations and reasoning). Now, since you say that all empirical evidence suggest that he is wrong I suppose that you have some other numbers (wouldn't be very empirical otherwise would it?) that you could show me (like benchmarking or such). Then I might decide what to think when I've seen both sides arguments.

Erik Wikström
--
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure