Re: DP performance

From: talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:29:22 +0100

Hiten Pandya wrote:

> You obviously did not research on who Matthew Dillon is, otherwise you
> would know that he has plenty of real world experience.  The guy wrote
> a packet rate controller inspired by basic laws of physics, give him
> credit instead of being rude.
> Time will tell whether he was wrong about his arguments on PCI-X or not,
> and whether our effort with DragonFly is just plain useless; but there
> is absolutely no need for animosity on the lists.
> Should you wish to continue debating performance issues then do so with
> a civil manner.
> Kind regards,

May i second you Hiten. The DragonFly lists are particularly interesting
and you always learn things here. Personnally i don't know anything on the
subject of this thread and i have enjoyed observing and trying to understand
the arguments. Let's hope people make an effort to be civil, for the
benefit of everybody. I will add my grain of salt:
on the same subject i have enjoyed reading the papers describing the
program of André Oppermann for FreeBSD, notably
which has intersection with points that have been discussed here.
Finally let me congratulate Matt for his work and hope best
chance of success.

Michel Talon