Re: DP performance

From: talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 23:29:22 +0100

Hiten Pandya wrote:

> You obviously did not research on who Matthew Dillon is, otherwise you
> would know that he has plenty of real world experience.  The guy wrote
> a packet rate controller inspired by basic laws of physics, give him
> credit instead of being rude.
>
> Time will tell whether he was wrong about his arguments on PCI-X or not,
> and whether our effort with DragonFly is just plain useless; but there
> is absolutely no need for animosity on the lists.
>
> Should you wish to continue debating performance issues then do so with
> a civil manner.
>
> Kind regards,

May i second you Hiten. The DragonFly lists are particularly interesting
and you always learn things here. Personnally i don't know anything on the
subject of this thread and i have enjoyed observing and trying to understand
the arguments. Let's hope people make an effort to be civil, for the
benefit of everybody. I will add my grain of salt:
on the same subject i have enjoyed reading the papers describing the
program of André Oppermann for FreeBSD, notably
http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/Optimizing%20the%20FreeBSD%20IP%20and%20TCP%20Stack.pdf
which has intersection with points that have been discussed here.
Finally let me congratulate Matt for his work and hope best
chance of success.

--
Michel Talon