Re: Fwd: How do I instal Dragonfly BSD from a hard drive - rather than CD?

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:31:06 +0000

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:50:28 +0100
Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2005-12-16 12:34, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

> > Thank you a lot Emiel ... so ... anybody got a good idea how to get that
> > caffeine beverage out of your laptop, my hard drive is making slurpy
> > noises ;-)
>
> Turn the power of, remove the batery, (disassemble if you want) and wash
> it with water and then let it dry. There's really nothing in the
> computer that should break because of water, but it might break if there
> is still some water in it when you power it on. Note however that I've
> never tried this with a laptop only mobile phones.

	I have done this with a laptop a *long* time ago (it was a twin
floppy Toshiba - that should give you an idea of how long ago) it worked
fine apart from the problems caused by an impatient owner attempting to
speed up the drying process with a fan heater - the keyboard resembled
something Dali might have drawn but it worked after a little surgery
with a sharp knife.