Re: Meta port for xfce4?

From: Joseph Garcia <bsd_usr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:22:59 -0800

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:54:47PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
: On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 05:37:07PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: > : > Is there a meta port that installs most or all of xfce4? I can't tell which
: > pkg I need to do this.
: : xfce4?

I am *so* embarrassed.  I was looking all over misc, x11, wm, and forgot there
*is* a meta directory.

<Sits in corner, reaches for tall, cone-shaped hat.>

Jonathon McKitrick -- My other computer is your Windows box.

That question pretty much answered itself (i.e *meta* port, or better stated *meta-pkg*). :P

Anyway... If you haven't already installed it, I can at least say that it does build. I'm currently running it quite happily on DragonFly preview. XFCE4 is such a nice "light" GTK2-based desktop.

I'm anxiously awaiting their next version. They're going to use a new file manager (I have a thing for file managers) codenamed Thunar, along with other things (i.e. XFCE Foundation Classes).

Happy XFCE4'ing!

Joey