Re: pkgsrc glitch in 1.4+ ISOs

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:16:28 -0800 (PST)

:
:Hi all,
:due to the problems reported on #dragonflybsd, I've found an issue in
:the nrelease infrastructure affecting those who want to build directly
:from pkgsrc. Basically, it won't link correctly against gettext-lib as
:provided by the CD.

    This helps me not at all.

:There are currently two work arounds:
:(a) Remove the default packages with 'pkg_delete -r \*' and restart from
:scratch. If you want to use source builds, that might be a good idea
:anyway.
:
:(b) Get a cleanup script from
:ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/patches/post_install_cleanup.sh,
:which corrects the issues in place. Something like that will most likely
:be integrated into update and the framework itself soon.
:
:Joreg

    Or perhaps just post what needs to be done.  At the moment, despite
    three paragraphs of text, I still have no idea what the issue is.

    We have an errata page for the release, put something appropriate there
    (NOT temporary URL's to a fixit script).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>