Re: apache2/mod_php combination in pkgsrc

From: rhymesagainsthumanity (rhymesagainsthumanity@xxxxxxxxx)
Date: 18 Jan 2006 14:28:25 GMT

> Joe,

>Look for /usr/pkgsrc/www/ap-php.  That's the pkgsrc equivalent of
>mod_php.  Also your desired version of apache is located
>at /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache2.

Adrian,

The netbsd pkgsrc repository (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/)
defines ap-php as an apache 1.3 package thusly - "ap-php-4.4.1nb3: Apache (apache13)
module for PHP4". The naming convention for apache modules seems to follow ap- and ap2-  for
apache and apache2 modules.

There is a freebsd port for this rev of both products.  Maybe there is a fancy conversion
tool to port the port?

Maybe this is the answer - "ap2-suphp-0.6.0: SuEXEC-like wrapper for PHP scripts"  Any
thoughts?

Joe

<snip>