Re: userland ppp ("No context" errors)

From: Francis Gudin <fgudin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Feb 2006 19:26:31 GMT

On 09-02-2006, Francis Gudin <fgudin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2006-02-09, YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't reproduce here, either with or without "link deflink" prefix.
>> Do you have any special CFLAGS or stuff like that in /etc/make.conf?
>> Did you try to make sure that ppp.conf doesn't contain any non-ASCII
>> characters?
>> # tr '[\200-\377]' @ < /etc/ppp/ppp.conf | diff -u - /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
>
> Hello,
>
> about compilation flags, i use the following:
>   CCVER=          gcc34
>   CFLAGS=         -Os -pipe
>   COPTFLAGS=      -Os -pipe
>   CPUTYPE=        i686
>
> I checked ppp.conf for weird chars but nothing came out:
>   aimable# tr '[\200-\377]' @ < /mnt/etc/ppp/ppp.conf | diff -u -
>   /mnt/etc/ppp/ppp.conf
>   aimable#
>
> I will try to recompile ppp with '-O -pipe' only and report if things
> are different. I must leave for two days: results by saturday/sunday.

Hello,

You were right: i can cc -O(s|2) everything but command.c: the weird
thing is that i ran a firewall with FreeBSD for 4 years and then with
DragonFly for a year with everything compiled using -Os level (except
those damn XFree86-libs, but it's off-topic). I can't understand why
this new behaviour...
Well, i'll stick with basic optimization from now on.

Thanks for your help !

Francis.