Re: Wiki spam

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:27:06 -0800 (PST)

:
:Scripts to automate abusing wikis?  What's wrong with people...
:
:I think their IPs should be PF'ed out of all dragonfly-related
:systems.  Wikis record them, don't they?

    They're usually run from compromised machines, just like normal spam
    is sent from compromised machines.  So mapping out the IP is an exercise
    in futility, normally.

    I think giving known contributors operator privs and making it read-only
    for the remainder is a fine idea.

    Is there a way to allow normal users to contribute but for the changes
    to not go active until an operator reviews them?

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>