Re: Migrating data from ReiserFS partition to dfly and FBSD having problems to see DFBSD partitions

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 09:42:36 -0800

Jose timofonic wrote:
> ...I'm trying to use a FBSD LiveCD but I need
> to access /dev/ad0s1g
[...]
> # disklabel /dev/ad0s1
> disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument

I think this worked for me once, IIRC:
#disklabel -r /dev/ad0s1

I think you may need to edit the absolute offset
in FBSD and re-write the disklabel to the hard
disk.  Then, be prepared to edit the disklabel
a second time to put it back the way it was, if
necessary.

I'm just working from memory so I may have the
details wrong, but that's the general idea.