Re: (u)ral driver

To: Chris Rawnsley <rawprawns@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:12:48 +0100

Chris Rawnsley wrote:
# cvsup /usr/shar/cvsup/DragonFly-cvs-supfile
 So then the source downloaded to /home/dcvs. I then got myself a copy
of ral.diff.gz and extracted it to /tmp.

# cd /home/dcvs/src/sys
#patch -p0 /tmp/ral.diff

The patch seemed to apply successfully (although I cannot scroll up
enough to see fully. I know I can press scroll lock then use Page
Up/Down but it doesn't go far enough for me to see. Is there some way
I can increase this?).

better late than never.

I'm surprised that you write the patch applied cleanly since it looks as if you tried to apply it to your repository in /home/dcvs (which holds the entire history of all source files, not just the current tree).

What you need to do before patching is to checkout a source tree from this repository:

# cd /usr
# cvs -d /home/dcvs co src

This creates /usr/src. Try to apply the patch there and follow the instructions in the build(7) man page to rebuild your system.