install to external usb disk oops

From: "Bob Bagwill" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:57:29 -0500

I successfully installed 1.5 to an external USB disk drive but during the "install boot block" phase, it overwrote the partition table and bootblock of my internal disk. I thought I was careful to select /dev/da0 not /dev/ad0,
but who knows? I recovered the partitions with gpart, but WinXP still doesn't boot successfully. :-(

If I'm feeling masochistic, I could try the install again, and see if the bsdinstaller did it.
--
Bob Bagwill