Re: Newbie-question: Ports and Packages

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 00:16:40 +0200

On 02.04.2006, at 22:37, Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
it would be very nice, if the documentation would be upgraded before the next
one tapping into this trap ;-)

I think that's barely possible. I could imagine people hitting this issue almost every time, and writing up new stuff in such a small period of time isn't possible. If I'm not making sense here, ignore this.

The central problem is that we are quite few people only working on DragonFly, and even less working on docs (Justin is doing a great deal now again, but yet). You could help out by rewriting these chapters to fit pkgsrc (or at least help with writing them).

cheers
  simon