Re: nss_ldap and pam_ldap

From: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:40:26 +0200

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 01:36:11PM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> My second question is concerning pam_ldap. While it compiles cleanly, I dont
> know how to integrate pkgsrc's pam in DF. The goal is simple: user
> authentication against a remote ldap server. Is DF pam-enabled by default?

You install the module from pkgsrc and specify the absolute path name in

> What I need to do is get postfix and dovecot authenticate mail users against
> an ldap server.

Both can and should be used without PAM and NSS. Checkout the virtual
user configuration in postfix where you can specify a mapping of
mail address to uid, gid and mailbox name (no direct system user
involved!). Using different uids and gids is handy for quotas, but not
necessary. Similiar for dovecot.