rc variables (Re: cups)

To: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:41:54 +0200

joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 06:09:40PM -0500, Ezra Drummond wrote:

Hi all,
How do i start cupsd at boot time, i'm using pkgsrc. With dfports i would just rename cups.sh.sample to cups.sh and make it executable. I did try cupsd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf but it didn't work.

Try "cupsd=YES" instead :-)

I think we should modify our scripts so that foo=yes and foo_enable=yes mean the same.

Then we can phase out foo_enable at a later point in time.

The way it is now (pkgsrc stuff without _enable, base stuff with _enable) is only confusing.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx