Re: installing DFly over third partition

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:33:47 +0200

On 2006-04-13 19:36, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:

you can used fdisk as usual. Make a partition for
DragonFly, then boot from the DragonFly CD. There's an option to use a part of
a harddisk for the installation. DFLY makes his slices then in the
selected partition.

I use grub here as a boot manager, tri-booting
Linux, GNU/Hurd and DFly without problems (that means, I didn't let the DFly
installation set up its own boot manager).

I readed the fdisk's man page, but I not found the response. I want choose the size in MB (or in GB) with fdisk. Fdisk (in DragonFly) have this feature?

If I remember correctly you can not use the DragonFly fdisk to create the partition (or I just didn't know how to use it) but if you boot into Linux and use fdisk there it should work just as fine.

Erik Wikström
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure
 out how to use my telephone" -- Bjarne Stroustrup