Re: Serious question: Is DragonFly's smp ISP-production-ready?

To: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:21:09 +0200

Petr Janda pravi:
We have a p3 2x1133mh (i think) box not used and i was thinking about setting it up as as a mailfilter gateway. The question is, is DragonFly's SMP production ready and the whole system suitable for mission critical applications? I'd like to hear what Matt and other devs and users think.
1.2.6 and later is rock stable. Stable for databases, mail server, web servers, etc.

Or should I go with FreeBSD?
It all depends on which one do you know how to administer. Both will work.

Tomaž