Re: Thinkpad 570E and Cardbus errors

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:05:06 +0200

On 2006-04-22 17:33, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 08:17:07PM +0800, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
Please try following patch (from joerg):
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/cbb-apr-09.diff

It should be applied cleanly to HEAD or PREVIEW

I'd love to, but I'm not sure how to do this with no network card (the only network card I have attaches to the pccard device)... I'm more than willing to *try* any suggestions - maybe download the latest PREVIEW (17apr06) iso and install it and the kernel source and patch it that way?

Andrew

If you have access to another computer on which you can burn a disc, you can download a snapshot of the source, then extract the source in /usr/src on your laptop, apply the patch and compile.

In /usr/src:
make buildworld
make buildkernel
make installkernel
make installworld
make upgrade
reboot

A list of servers from which you can download the source:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/download.cgi
the source can be found under snapshots/src/ on the servers.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure