pkgsrc/emulators/qemu patch

From: "Toby Karyadi" <toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:34:01 -0700

Attached is a patch for qemu for DragonFly. I've sent the patch to the package maintainer, but it's here if you want it now. It doesn't have support for kqemu yet, but I managed to run the latest dfly 1.4.4 iso image and an old slackware live cd without a hitch.

To use the patch file:
1. Get the latest version of qemu from pkgsrc CVS:
   % cd /usr
   % cvs anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot co pkgsrc/emulators/qemu
2. Copy the attached patch into the qemu directory
3. Apply the patch in the qemu directory
   % patch < qemu-dfly.patch
4. Update the patch sum
   % bmake makepatchsum
5. % bmake install

Some caveat:
- The -cdrom flag doesn't work (at least on my machine - running Dfly 1.5.3), but it seems like a DragonFly issue since doing a dd if=/dev/acd0 of=cd.img did not work for me either. However doing cat /dev/acd0 | dd of=cd.img works just fine and is a way around that problem.

Have fun,
Toby